Senior leadership team checklist
a) Has basic, up-to-date information been provided about pupils?
b) Have the following categories been identified:
- pupils with special educational needs?
- pupils eligble for Pupil Premium?
- pupils with gifted and talented attributes?
- pupils with English as an additional language?
- pupils with high mobility?
c) Has data and/or information provided for each pupil's:
- prior attainment?
- value-added performance?
- assessment of current performance?
d) Is there evidence of subject performance comparisons against:
- forecast/targets for the year/teaching group?
- performance in other subjects in the same school?
- performance in the same subject in similar schools?
e) Is there monitoring evidence on teaching and learning outcomes for:
- a sample across year/teaching groups?
- all teachers, especially newly qualified teachers?
f) Is there monitoring evidence on outcomes from:
- examining curriculum planning?
- scrutinising samples of pupils' work?
- moderating marking and assessment of pupils' work?
g) What monitoring evidence is provided on pupil involvement in:
- reviewing their progress against set targets?
- providing feedback on their work and achievements?
h) Have teachers been engaged in professional discussion/feedback on:
- pupil performance and educational standards?
- the quality of teaching and learning?
- the quality of curriculum planning and resources?
- the moderation of assessment and marking of pupils' work?
i) Has there been a review with the subject leader on:
- overall subject performance?
- performance against agreed targets?
- progress against agreed improvement priorities?
- areas for further improvement or development priorities?
Return to the index of articles