Introduction and Overview
Our latest App is now optimised for the retina display on the iPad and is a fun way to learn about capacity using various containers presented in differerent ways. This App is designed for younger children aged 2+. Working first with an adult, children can select from a range of containers to use, and identify the capacity of the containers.
There are four challenges:
- Challenge 1 - In response to the prompt, select the full, half full/empty or empty container from the two containers displayed.
- Challenge 2 - In response to the prompt, select the nearly full, half full/empty or nearly empty container from the two containers displayed.
- Challenge 3 - Select the full, nearly full, half full/empty, nearly empty or empty container from the three containers displayed in ascending or descending order.
- Challenge 4 - Select the full, nearly full, half full/empty, nearly empty or empty container from the three containers displayed in random order.
The App is intuitive to use - tap to select the target object in response to the text prompt. After initial learning with an adult, younger children can then progress to independent learning.
Within the App, settings are provided to:
- Switch the sound effects ON/OFF
- Switch the snapshot function ON/OFF
- Set the number of tasks in the challenges (range from 3 to 6 tasks)
- Enter the child's name (ideal with groups of children)
Using the snapshot function, images can be copied into the photo album and shared, or can be sent by email as an attachment. Depending on the privacy settings, screenshots can also be saved into the iPad photo album .
The screen shots displayed opposite show three of the four challenges in progress (click an image to enlarge):
- Top image - from challenge 1 using two drinking glasses
- Middle image - from challenge 3 with three jars displayed in ascending order
- Bottom image - from challenge 4 with three vases displayed in random order.
My Capacity has been designed for the iPad, iPad 2, new iPad and iPad Air, running iOS 4.3 to iOS 10. The current App is version 2.0. The App is completely self-contained and there are no in-App purchases. Access to the Internet is only required when selecting the option to send an email with an attached snapshot or to view our other apps. A parent gate is triggered with both these options because the email and browser functions use the Internet.
Our Apps are built with LiveCode under a commercial licence. Therefore, portions are Copyright (C) 2000-2014 RunRev Ltd, All Rights Reserved Worldwide.